The Nourish to Flourish (N2F) Data Sharing & Analytics Initiative integrates industry-standard supply chain technology with existing K-12 foodservice workflow to revolutionize this $9 Billion segment of the industry. Item-specific placement on menu plans and recipes will transform the way our schools procure, prepare and measure successful integration of meal components. Sharing sales and nutrition data and analytics will improve outcomes within the federally defined USDA guidelines.
Beginning in the 2019-20 School Year, Pilot Schools will help develop and refine new open data standards for K-12 specific GDSN information. Use of these attributes, along with corresponding operational data, will be shared among stakeholders and advisors to drive data analytics. This will enable N2F collaborators to test and measure the impact of interventions using a common reporting protocol.
Join the Community of K-12 Suppliers and School Partners
Multiple stakeholders are involved in the design and testing of this solution, including, program operators, state agencies, suppliers and distributors, ag groups, GPOs, and national policy groups. Each is providing valuable input and feedback for the development of technology solutions by identifying and refining their informational needs. Please visit N2F Data, which provides a “home” where stakeholders engaged in all initiatives can obtain more information and participate in this collaboration.
Your participation is voluntary, but by joining this initiative you will join other national manufacturers and industry leaders that are already participating. As a benefit, we will share data analytics and related insights to the way that schools are reshaping the Child Nutrition landscape for vendors, distributors, schools and our children. Suppliers will have the option to subscribe to the new data analytics platform containing a single database supporting real-time queries from stakeholders.
If you would like to join this initiative and your organization is currently a member of a GDSN certified data-pool*:
- Click the Join Now! K-12 Supplier Partners Form above to register as a Trading Partner with N2F;
- Publish your product information to the Nourish to Flourish GLN 0860206001702
*If you are K-12 Supplier not currently participating in the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) and would like to get started, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1WorldSync at +1 866.280.4013
We invite schools to join the initiative by taking the following steps:
Participation Benefits to Suppliers and Schools
By participating in the Nourish to Flourish initiative, you will have the opportunity to contribute to refining the GDSN requirements and help evaluate the impact that nutritional analytics will have on reshaping the industry landscape. N2F has designated inTEAM as its technology provider for a series of pilots to help develop these standards and the mechanisms for data sharing and analysis. The N2F initiative will produce the following benefits:
- Demonstrate that valuable data can be collected, aggregated across multiple school sites (and across districts), and analyzed for business purposes without adding operational burdens.
- Introduce supply chain efficiencies by providing suppliers with new insights to distribution of items, sales volume, menu items and frequency, point of sale information, brand ratings and student participation and feedback on menu items.
- Maximize data analytics capabilities in the form of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports for stakeholders throughout the K12 community providing deeper analysis to spot positive or negative anomalies to target specific actions.
- Include a standardized data set will include nutrition facts per serving, along with nutrients and allergens for each product, and, where applicable, data for crediting meal pattern compliance.
- Facilitate sponsor retrieval of all audit trail reports required by HHFKA, including reimbursement claims, production records and point of sale transactions.
- Ensure that all data sharing will be handled via secure, read-only connections that do not include any identifiable information and be FERPA and COPPA compliant.
Data Sync Contacts:
1WorldSync Customer Support