Locally great and nationally strong, Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States. We operate stores across 34 states and the District of Columbia under 20 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randall’s, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carr’s, as well as meal kit company Plated based in New York City. Albertsons Companies is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. In 2018 alone, along with the Albertsons Companies Foundation, the company gave $262 million in food and financial support. These efforts helped millions of people in the areas of hunger relief, education, cancer research and treatment, programs for people with disabilities and veterans’ outreach.
Albertsons Product Introduction Tool
As part of Albertsons Companies’ long term strategy, we are pleased to introduce the Albertsons Product Introduction (PI) tool. PI will replace the Safeway Electronic New Item Form (eNIF) used for new item setup. This change impacts items in Safeway locations (including Randall’s, Carr’s, and Vons) and converted Albertsons locations only. There is no change to items at stores supported by SuperValu or other non-Safeway legacy systems (until those stores are converted to the Safeway inventory management system); for items introduced in multiple divisions, you may have to complete this process in addition to the process applicable to such non-Safeway legacy divisions.
What is Albertsons PI?
- Hosted solution by 1WorldSync that collects item information required for new item setup
- Manages the process from supplier item creation to Albertsons item setup
- Utilizes the industry standards data model for the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN)
- Tool customization to include Albertsons/Safeway specific attributes & unique needs
- Works for GDSN and non-GDSN suppliers (although GDSN is encouraged!)
What are the benefits of using Albertsons PI for new item setup?
- Improves data quality due to single point of entry
- Faster speed-to-shelf due to a streamlined process
- Transparency to where the item is in the setup process
- Ability to add new distribution or correct information without starting over
- Validation to ensure all required information is completed
To get started, please review the Albertsons PI Training Modules found under the Education section.
- 1WorldSync: 866-280-4013 or technicalsupport@1worldsync.
- 1WorldSync Business Development (setup): 866-280-4013 or businessdevelopment@