88% of consumers say that detailed product content is extremely or very important to their purchasing decision. Consumers expect rich and trusted product content on all channels: desktop to mobile.
Common product content challenges that can slow down consumers’ product information journey include:
- determining your data quality and how this positively impacts your business
- leveraging the data you already have in GDSN for e-commerce and omni-channel purposes
- global transparency initiatives
Now let’s hone in on the first product content challenge: data quality. No matter where you are on your product content journey, 1WorldSync Professional Services can help improve your data quality levels.
Data quality issues…the struggle is real
We hear the same challenges from all of our customers.
- Suppliers have a large number of separate information stores and systems as well as other manual sources that house data for individual departments. It is difficult and expensive to integrate those connections. With data replicated across the enterprise it is very challenging to align on ownership and establish data standards.
- Data requirements change very quickly and can be hard to keep up with. These changes can come from multiple places. They can be internally, market or recipient driven.
- A large amount of the 1WorldSync Supplier community is treating GDSN data separately from e-commerce data. This segregation can cause inconsistent or even conflicting consumer experiences for the same attributes, and ultimately cause harm to a brand.
What’s the big deal around data quality?
Data quality is important for many reasons. Some of the most popular reasons include:
- Recipients are using the data you send them to drive their multi areas of their business as well as their e-commerce channels. Do you, as a brand owner, want your recipients to clean your data and potentially impact your brand’s identity?
- E-commerce recipients are requiring more and more data in order to sell on their websites.
- Some e-commerce recipients are factoring in completeness and accuracy of data in search ranking and returns of your products. Other recipients are applying penalties for suppliers who consistently underperform from a data quality perspective.
Countdown to the Cosmo: Trusted Content, Anytime, Everywhere
1WorldSync is excited to join more than 1,000 partners in Las Vegas at GS1 Connect . For companies looking to upgrade their data quality capabilities, be sure to stop by the 1WorldSync booth (#17,18)!
Our professional services team invites you to receive your customized data quality report based on your existing items and take part in a 30 minute tailored consultation on your Consistency and Completeness against several key data quality performance indicators.
This is a great way to understand potential data quality issues with your current product content, how you rank against your peers, the impact on your business and what steps you can take to improve your data quality.