According to FierceRetail, “Information about the product has grown to become as important as the product itself – influencing 56 cents of every dollar in retail sales.”
Amazon has always understood that the consumer is king and strived to provide a seamless shopping experience. Since, consumers don’t have the liberty to physically inspect and check the products while shopping online, product content they can trust is critical in order to judge a product. Without product content, Amazon has nothing to help their customers make confident buying decisions.
1WorldSync Partners with Amazon to Improve Product Content Completeness and Quality
Did you know that Amazon commands more than half of all product searches? Their website often gets more traffic than a single brand’s website with 55 percent of online shoppers starting their product searches on Amazon. Thus, it is imperative to ensure high-quality content about your brand.
For this reason, Amazon launched their Catalog Content Capture initiative. In partnership with 1WorldSync, Amazon has joined the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) to make it easier for brands, manufacturers and distributors to address the challenges driven by low attribute coverage, data quality and receiving an automated catalog feed from trusted sources.
1WorldSync and Amazon have made it easier for brands, manufacturers and distributors to sell products and improve product content on Amazon in three ways:
- Automation: The partnership provides an automated process for managing and distributing product information on different Amazon channels, including Prime Pantry and Amazon Fresh.
- Accuracy: The partnership improves the total accuracy of product content on Amazon.com by sourcing data from 1WorldSync’s trusted Product Information Cloud.
- Comprehensiveness: Through GDSN, content on Amazon is standardized and validated through GS1 Global Standards.
Don’t Miss Out! March 1 & 5 Amazon Webinars
On March 1st at 1 pm EST or March 5th at 4 pm EST, join us for a compelling webinar with experts from Amazon’s Retail Product Management team. You will learn:
- How Amazon’s Content Capture Initiative has driven improvements in product content quality and completeness.
- How to provide an automated process to manage and distribute your product content to Amazon.
- How to capitalize on Search Engine Optimization and make your product content highly discoverable.