Last week, another successful 1WorldSync Annual User Group 2019 came to a close!
Attendees elevated their expertise to get the latest and greatest surrounding the importance of trusted product content in beautiful Denver.
Reach New Heights With Trusted Product Content
Karin Borchert, CEO of 1WorldSync, kicked off our Annual User Group. She shared with some key industry developments with EUDAMED (medical device regulation), Verified by GS1 and the Global Data Model Project. As 1WorldSync is participating in these pilots, we applaud initiatives to simplify and harmonize our users’ experiences.
She used the opportunity of the assembly of users to reiterate 1WorldSync’s vision: to be the global end to end platform for high quality product content services. She also shared our strategic objectives:
- Having satisfied long-term customers who value our one-stop SaaS for trusted, brand verified content.
- Expanding existing communities and extending value to new industries.
- Allowing for scalable growth and innovation.
Our keynote speaker, Jon Wuebben, Founder & CEO of Content Launch, covered today’s consumer behavior traits and emphasized the importance of consumer trust and brand loyalty. He talked about today’s current e-commerce industry landscape, the latest trends in product content, virtual reality and the Internet of Things. He reinforced the fact that the #1 feature online shopper want from a website is product information. Did you know that 4 in 10 shoppers say they’ve given up on an online purchase because they didn’t have enough information on the purchase?
Panelists from PepsiCo, General Mills, Unilever and The Kroger Company discussed:
- Why inaccurate product content costs your organization more than you think
- How bridging supply chain and marketing product content can be challenging due to fragmented solutions and disconnected requirements
- Why digitizing content enablement via a single solution that enables the delivery of accurate and complete product content to your trading partners
- What retailers and suppliers should do to prepare for today’s consumer and content demands.
Some world-class community member success stories were shared by:
- Ecolab on their data quality challenges and subsequent content quality journey with 1WorldSync.
- Beam Suntory on how 1WorldSync helped improve data sharing across their supply chain and enhanced the quality and quantity of product content in the beer, wine and spirits industry.
- USDA on how their collaboration with 1WorldSync, GS1 US, University of Maryland and others gave rise to the Global Branded Food Database (260,000+ products), a model for how multiple sectors can collaborate to benefit public health.
- Walmart on their long-standing partnership with 1WorldSync and how their suppliers get their product descriptions in their stores and on the digital shelf.
Additionally, we had some engaging suppliers and recipients breakout sessions with powerful ideas exchanged for leveraging content, image requirements and so much more.
Last but not least, Randy Mercer, our Vice-President of Global Product Management, gave an update into the new capabilities for our Item Management platform. He walked participants through our current solutions from Capture & Enrichment to Product Discovery to ensure trustworthy, brand verified product content along every step of your journey from set-up to marketplace introduction.
Power of 1 Awards + Evening Reception
That evening, we had an amazing event at the Blue Moon Brewery with fabulous views of the mile high city, live music, and great food & beverages.
1WorldSync announced the recipients of the 2019 Power of 1 Awards. These awards honor organizations that have displayed exceptional leadership and made a significant impact in transforming their product content practices.
GE Appliances, PepsiCo Inc. and Sazerac Company Inc were honored for industry leadership and impact on their trading partner community at the 2019 Power of 1 Awards and the 1WorldSync Annual User Group co-located with GS1 Connect.
“This year’s Power of 1 Award winners showcase a deep dedication to data quality, community engagement, continuous innovation and industry excellence. I would like to extend my sincere congratulations to the award recipients who we honor for exceptional leadership in advancing product content practices.”~Karin Borchert, CEO of 1WorldSync
It’s a Wrap!
We hope those who attended enjoyed the conference and gained valuable knowledge from our industry experts on critical implementation practices and developments through the product content journey. We would like to extend a special thank you to all of our speakers and participants who made this year’s agenda educational and engaging for all the attendees to enjoy.
That’s a wrap for 1WorldSync Annual User Group 2019 and we can’t wait to see everyone next year in Las Vegas!